Come, Holy Spirit

Replace the tension within us with a holy relaxation. Replace the turbulence within us with a sacred calm. Replace the anxiety within us with a quiet confidence. Replace the fear within us with a strong faith. Replace the bitterness within us with the sweetness of grace. Replace the darkness within us with a gentle light. Replace the coldness within us with a loving warmth. Replace the winter within us with Thy spring. Straighten our crookedness, fill our emptiness, dull the edge of our pride, sharpen our humility, light the fires of our love, quench the flames of lust. Let us see ourselves as Thous seest us, that we may see Thee as Thou hast promised, and be blessed according to Thy word: Blessed are the pure of heart, for the shall see God. (Damien-Dutton Society for Leprosy Aid, Inc. 616 Bedford Ave, Bellmore, NY 11710)

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Life is Good, but This World is Crazy

I don't watch the news on the telly.  Well, sometimes I get snippets when Dan has the telly on and he's landed on a news channel.  I get my news from Yahoo (terrible source) and friends who post on the important stuff on Facebook (good sources). 

The news just leaves me feeling . . . well, ASSAULTED.

Offended.
Hurt.
Discouraged.
Concerned . . . really concerned for SOULS.

If I can see the blindness and deafness existent in others . . . Lord, preserve me from that same fate!  It's far too easy to fall into the "please the masses" mentality and begin to speak their lingo . . . or, as in my case, say absolutely nothing.

God is going to reprimand me for saying nothing.

I'm afraid of the fight.  It's not that I'm a coward. Not at all.  It's just I want to be able to smartly and objectively tell the truth without ending friendships.  However, it's also that, quite frankly, I'm assuming I'll never "break through" the hardness of certain people's hearts.  They don't see their stand on abortion or homosexual marriage as a hardness against Truth (Godly or biologically).  For such straight-talkers, they sure miss the basic facts!  I mean, they say you can't argue science, but that is precisely what they do.  This is the kind of stiff-necked people we're all up against. 

Rather, I should say, "fighting for".  Because, we are fighting for their very lives:  the importance of their souls!  The dignity that only God gave them!

I pray for courage in this world.  Not the kind of Hollywood feel good kind, but the real, Heavenly kind!


4 comments:

  1. Yesterday's news greatly upset me, too. As well as all of my friends who were upset about NC ban on gay-marriage. This election-certain groups have done a really great job getting the voters side-tracked about the real issues that we should concerned about for our country like balancing the budget and eliminating our deficit, job creation and the rising cost of resources. All those special "rights" that women and gays are demanding legislation for won't mean much if our country fails economically. I hear ya, Sarah. I, too, am afraid to speak up at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to hell in a handbasket.
    When OH when will it stop?

    Our country is going down because of immorality.

    Everyday live for Christ. Fighting by being on my knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine - I'd love to read your blog, you know! Geesh! You can email me at Sarahs.Journey@yahoo.com any time . . . I miss your cute posts!!!

      Delete
  3. It's hard to speak up these days. People roll their eyes or think you're a freak if you tell it like it is. I really think the Holy Spirit needs to soften a person's heart before they can be open to the words of others. Prayer and example can speak volumes though.

    Sometimes I just don't know when to speak and when to stay silent.

    ReplyDelete